Science Centre Ticket
What is included in the Science Centre ticket price? Do I have to pay extra for anything?
- You can stay in the Centre until closing time (even leave and return during the day) and take part in the workshops and science theatre shows that take place on that day. You need to buy separate tickets to visit the planetarium. Tickets to the planetarium cost 4 € per person (with the Science Centre ticket), 6 € per person (without the Science Centre ticket) or 2.5 € (when bought online).
Who can buy the family ticket?
- Family ticket is meant for one or two adults and all the underage children (under 18) of the family. Additional adults must buy separate tickets.
Do I need to book my visit in advance?
- Booking is only required for group visits. If you plan to visit AHHAA alone, with family or with a couple of friends, you don't need to inform us beforehand.
Attention! A planetarium show can accommodate about 25 people. We recommend buying your tickets prior to the visit - visit our online ticket sales site: http://booking.ahhaa.ee
- To book a planetarium show for your group, please contact the administrator on +372 515 6766 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also note that group visits must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
Do you sell tickets as gift cards?
- Yes, we do. You can choose between three options - 10, 13 or 29 €.
Is there a discount for groups? What is the minimal size of a group?
- Yes, there is. In order to get a discount, there must be at least 12 people in your group and you need to book your visit in advance. You must book your visit at least 7 days in advance. A group ticket costs 10 € per person. See the Tickets and Information and Rules for Groups pages for more detailed information.
Do you have different wristbands (i.e. different-coloured tickets) every day?
- Yes, the colour of the wristband is different every day.
How much time does it take to see everything?
- It depends on what you're interested in an whether you want to visit the workshops, planetarium shows and science theatre shows or not. It takes approximately 1.5-2 hours to see all the exhibits. If you wish to take part in workshops etc. as well, it might take up to 4 or 5 hours.
Where is the planetarium?
- On the 4th floor of the Centre. To go to the planetarium, you need to go to the Hall of Technology first and then take the stairs or the elevator. Make sure you've bought the ticket from our ticket desk first!
NB! Please note that this does not apply to group bookings. To book a planetarium show for your group, please contact the administrator on +372 515 6766 or email@example.com. Also note that group visits must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
How long does a planetarium show last?
Can I buy a seat to the planetarium show in advance?
Is there an age limit for visiting planetarium?
- Yes. Children must be at least 5 years old to visit the planetarium
What is the reason behind the age limit?
- First and foremost, it is dark throughout the planetarium show and it might scare smaller children. Stopping the show halfway through or opening the door to let someone leave (and letting the daylight in) makes the show a lot less enjoyable. Also, complete silence is required throughout the show, and it might be difficult to explain to smaller children why they are not allowed to talk for half an hour.
Science Theatre Shows and Workshops
How long are the Science Theatre shows and workshops?
- Usually about 30 minutes, but occasionally, it might take up to 45 minutes.
Can I check out today's program?
- Yes, go to our main page. The program is in the deep blue bubble on the right side of the page.
Can I book a seat in a Science Theatre shows? What about workshops?
- You don't need to book a seat to the Science Theatre show. However, if you want to take part in a workshop, you need to sign up beforehand (because the seats are limited). Registration takes place in the Centre - those who are interested, need to go the Hall of Technology and write their name on a whiteboard.
University of Tartu Medicine Collections
For how long are the Medicine Collections staying in AHHAA?
Can I visit these exhibitions without buying the science Centre ticket?
- No. But if you have the science Centre ticket, visiting the medicine collections is free.
Exhibits in AHHAA
I'm a grown-up. Do you think I would find AHHAA interesting?
- Definitely. We recommend the aquarium, ant nest, medicine collections and the Shanghai House in particular.
Is there something that smaller children would enjoy as well?
- The Water World and Chickens have always been huge favourites of children. We also have four pushchairs and a baby cocoon, where you can breastfeed your baby.
If I enter the mirror maze, will I be able to find my way out?
- Yes, don't worry. There are two entrances/exits.
I want to ride the bicycle on a rope, but I'm afraid I might fall over. Is it possible?
- No, there is a counterweight under the bicycle that will keep it safely on the rope. The bicycle might sway a bit, while you're riding it (because you're not on the solid ground), but otherwise, it's just like an ordinary bike. Please keep in mind that you're not allowed to jump off the bicycle, because it is dangerous (you will be caught in the safety net, but you might bruise yourself severely). If you jump, you'll be asked to leave the Centre and your wristband (ticket) will be taken from you.
Does AHHAA organise any free events?
- Yes, at times we do - keep an eye on our events calendar. The most notable example is the Researchers' Night that takes place every September - it is an event that covers many Estonian cities and it means there is a bunch of awesome science events that are completely free of charge.
Discount with the Science Centre ticket
If I visit AHHAA and then go to Aura Centre, will I get a discount?
- If you have already visited AHHAA and decide to visit Aura on the same day, you'll get a 20% discount there. In order to get the discount, you need to show them your wristband (and we recommend keeping your receipt as well).
Can I get a cheaper meal somewhere as well?
- Yes, you can get a 10% discount at Ränduri Pub (upstairs the bus station) on the same day, upon presenting your wristband.
Pets in AHHAA
Are pets allowed in AHHAA?
Can I go to the cafeteria without buying the Science Centre ticket?
- Yes, you can. It's on the second floor of the Centre.
Photographing in AHHAA
Can I take pictures in AHHAA?
- Yes, you can photograph (and even film) everything except for the medicine collections.
Cloakroom in AHHAA
Is the cloakroom secured?
- No, it isn't. We recommend using the lockers for storing your valuable possessions. To use the locker, you need to insert a 1 € coin (which you will get back if you return the key). We also have coat hangers that can be locked.
Do I need to change my shoes?
- No, this is not necessary.
Using a wheelchair
Can I use a wheelchair in AHHAA?
- Yes, we have a wheelchair. Please contact the ticket desk for more information.
Parking in AHHAA
Where can I park my car? How much does it cost?
Is there also parking space for buses?
- We have two parking areas for our visitors: an underground parking lot (entrance from Sadama street) and another parking lot behind the Centre (entrance from Väike-Turu street). In addition to that, we have 4 parking places for the buses. If you enter the parking area, you will get a ticket. You need to keep it and register it at the ticket desk before you leave the Centre. Parking is free for the visitors of the Science Centre, others must pay for the parking (payments will be made after the ticket has been registered at the ticket desk). Groups who wish to park their buses in the special parking lots, need to ask for the parking card at the ticket office.
Birthday in AHHAA
If I book a birthday party in AHHAA, what exactly am I going to get?
- A private birthday room (for 2 hours), Science Centre tickets for all your guests and yourself, a workshop of your own choice OR a planetarium show, and ice cream for up to 15 guests and yourself.